Property Detail

Click for full image in a new window016 South St.

See this address on Google Maps (new window) -

 

Owner Records - Click star or date for more details and documentation:

  • 2/3/1998:  Pentagon Realty of Auburn -  Cayuga County Arts Council
  • 5/25/1978:  Schipol Auburn Theater Corp -  Pentagon Realty
  • 1/3/1978:  Laems Properties, Inc. -  Schipol Auburn Theater Corp.
  • 6/3/1924:  Oswego Orpheum Corp. -  Schine Auburn Group
  • 12/3/1923:  Trustees of 2nd Presbyterian Church -  Oswego Orpheum Corp.
  • 11/10/1848: John Sherwood -  Trustees of 2nd Presbyterian Church
  • 2/28/1828: Margaret (widow Cornelius) Erwin - John Sherwood
  • 2/28/1828: Ebenezer & John H. Beach - John Sherwood
  • 8/17/1815:  David Hyde, John &Ebenezer Beach - Cornelius Erwin
  • 4/19/1815: Cornelius & Margaret Erwin -  David Hyde, John & Ebenezer Beach
  • 5/14/1814: Shadrack & Anne Allen - Cornelius Erwin
  • 3/25/1813: John Richardson - Shadrack Allen
  • 1/3/1812: John Cumpston - John Richardson
  • 4/20/1804: John L. Hardenburgh - John Cumpston

Associated Images

Click image to enlarge in a new window.


1844 House of J. M. Sherwood after selling his South St. property


1930 Building the Schine Theater.


1938 Interior at opening. Photo courtesy of Mike Long, City of Auburn.


1938 Opening Day at the new Schine theater.


1998


1998 Photos of the Schine interior for restoration fundraising by the Cayuga County Arts Council


1998 Restoration of the interior.


1999